- Boat tour to visit the Martillo Island penguin colony
- Travel through the Beagle Channel via boat
- See area highlights and landmarks
- Hear narration about the penguins biology and behavior
Departure & Return
Travelers must be present 10 minutes before the scheduled time at the meeting point: Canoero box office in order to exchange tickets.
What To Expect
Board the boat and set out toward the Beagle Channel, passing by the Maritime Museum and the End of the World. Take in the scenery, including the Olivia and Cinco Hermanos Mountains. Passing the Isla de los Lobos, observe the sea lions relaxing on the rocks. You'll also see the Magellanic cormorants living on the Pajaro Islands and the Les Eclaireurs Lighthouse. Other sights include Estancia Remolino, Isla Grande, and the Puerto Williams Naval Base.
Once you reach Martillo Island, spend some time viewing and photographing the penguins while listening to your guide's narrative about their biology and behavior.
Return to the Ushuaia port at the end of your tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Not suitable for cruise passengers
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tangol
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms