- Estancia Cristina tour from El Calafate
- Walk to a waterfall or take an off-road tour to the Upsala Glacier viewpoint
- Learn about the the Patagonia region from your local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 1 hour 30 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Settle into the comfortable boat as it glides among icebergs of all sizes that have calved off the nearby glaciers. View the snow-covered peaks of the surrounding mountains as you sail along Lake Argentino, arriving at Estancia Cristina via the Cristina Channel.
Disembark to visit the ranch's museum and the former sheep-shearing shack to learn about what life was like here when it was a functioning sheep and cattle ranch. Break for a snack before going the Caterina River to the estancia's other historical buildings, including its chapel.
Following lunch (own expense), continue with the activity you have selected, an off-road excursion by 4x4 vehicle to Upsala Glacier or a guided visit to Los Perros Waterfall (see options below). Take in the otherworldly scenery on the boat ride back to Punta Bandera during the late afternoon, then board your bus back to El Calafate. Your day of
Patagonian adventures ends with drop-off at your hotel.
4x4 Tour: Choose the off-road trip for an adventure along a scenic alpine trail. At a mountain refuge, climb out of your vehicle for a short walk over terrain that was recently covered by the glacier to get right up close to Upsala Glacier itself. Enjoy amazing views of the Andes, the Patagonian Ice Field, and nearby Lake William.
Waterfall Tour: On the waterfall tour, follow your guide through native woodlands and along the Caterina River. Reach the thundering waters of pristine Los Perros waterfall and enjoy views of the estancia far below.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended that you wear hiking boots/shoes, jacket, comfortable clothing and windbreaker
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Viva Patagonia
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms