- See where the pope, aka Jorge Bergoglio, grew up and was educated
- Visit Buenos Aires Metropolitan Cathedral (Catedral Metropolitana) and the Basilica of San José de Flores
- Discover the pope’s favorite sport at San Lorenzo de Almagro Athletic Club
- Transport by comfortable minivan from San Telmo included
Departure & Return
Travelers must be present at 10AM at Tangol San Telmo, Address: Defensa 831.
Tour ends at Plaza de Mayo
What To Expect
See the Basilica of San José de Flores, where the Pope took his sacraments, received his religious vocation and dedicated his life to God at just 17 years old.
Continuing this 3-hour tour, learn about the Pope's love of futbol (soccer) at the San Lorenzo de Almagro Athletic Club. Visit the San Ignacio de Loyola Church and continue on to the Buenos Aires Metropolitan Cathedral, the main Catholic church in Buenos Aires. Overlooking Plaza de Mayo, this 16th-century building was the site where the devout followers of Pope Francis waited to hear if he would succeed Pope Benedicto XVI.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tangol
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms