As a convenient gateway to wilderness and wildlife, the city is a magnet for adventurous travelers. Check out our 3-day itinerary to help you make the most of your time in Ushuaia.
Tierra del Fuego Province, Argentina
Lake Escondido is located 60 km north of Ushuaia. The route is paved between Ushuaia and Paso Garibaldi, where a 4-km gravel access road reaches the lakeshore at Hosteria Petral.
The full-day tour to the lakes was a...
The full-day tour to the lakes was a very enjoyable trip. We saw scenery that was quite spectacular and had a wonderful lunch at the Tierra Mayor restaurant. A very pleasant day and many stops along the way.
Heather B, Feb 2018
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the nearest attractions to Lake Escondido?
What else should I know about attractions in Ushuaia?
- Fuegian Andes
- Lake Fagnano
- Esmeralda Lagoon (Laguna Esmeralda)
- End of the World Train (Tren del Fin del Mundo)
- Les Eclaireurs Lighthouse
- Ushuaia Maritime Museum (Museo Marítimo y del Presidio)
- Maritime Museum (Old Ushuaia Prison)
- End of the World Museum (Museo del Fin del Mundo)
- Ushuaia Cruise Port
- Beagle Channel
- Tierra del Fuego National Park
- Akatushun Museum (Museo Akatushun)
- Lago Roca
- Martial Glacier
- Penguin Island (Isla Yecapasela)