Lake Escondido Tours and Tickets
Lago Escondido, which translates to Hidden Lake, is surrounded by the Fuegian Andes just north of Ushuaia, Argentina. Many tourists choose to visit on a day-trip from Ushuaia; however, Hosteria Petral provides a lakeside basecamp for anybody interested in taking advantage of its status as a popular sport-fishing destination.
Brown and Rainbow trout can be caught in the lake itself, while brook trout are most often landed near stream inlets or around the many beaver dams that surround the lake.
Other popular activities in the area include horseback riding along the lakeshore, boat and kayak tours on the crystal-clear waters, and, oddly, Canadian-style wildlife watching. Lago Escondido is an excellent place to watch Canadian beavers, which were introduced to southern Patagonia in 1946 with false hope to spur a declining fur trade.
Tours and Activities to Experience Lake Escondido
- Fuegian Andes
- Lake Fagnano
- Esmeralda Lagoon (Laguna Esmeralda)
- End of the World Train (Tren del Fin del Mundo)
- Les Eclaireurs Lighthouse
- Ushuaia Maritime Museum (Museo Marítimo y del Presidio)
- Maritime Museum (Old Ushuaia Prison)
- End of the World Museum (Museo del Fin del Mundo)
- Ushuaia Cruise Port
- Beagle Channel
- Tierra del Fuego National Park
- Akatushun Museum (Museo Akatushun)
- Lago Roca
- Martial Glacier
- Penguin Island (Isla Yecapasela)